Acacia’s products have been designed and tested in demanding operational environments and reflect the state of the art development in military and dual role operations.
With deep understanding of the requirements of the defence community and insight into the future advancements in technology.
That will yield the maximum benefit has informed the company’s choice of focus for the next stage of R&D, in unmanned systems and artificial intelligence.
Advanced Sensor Tracker
The Acacia Onyx Advanced Sensor Tracker is a world class sensor tracking capability that supports the fusing and tracking of sensor data across the active and passive sonar domains (broadband and narrowband), ESM, optronic and even audio domain.
Onyx for active sonar provides for the automatic detection and tracking of submarine contacts in the high noise environment of an active sonar. The software allows for the detection and tracking of submarine contacts normally not seen by human operators. Onyx takes raw “noisy” detections and applies spatial and temporal filtering algorithms to achieve track creation with a very low false alarm rate.
Onyx is currently deployed in the Australian Air Warfare Destroyers and has been licensed for export to allied Navies.
Cross Platform Fusion
Onyx Force delivers the capability of the Onyx within an architectural framework that allows co-operating Anti-Submarine Warfare assets to combine their respective sensors to deliver increased detection range, reduced time to solution and increases the overall defensive capability of the ASW screen.
Onyx Force can support multiple sensors on single platform and across multiple platforms.
Multi static environments is well suited to this capability.
Mission Records & Data Management System
The Reflex data management system provides the ability to capture and visualise all elements of the mission data.
All elements of the mission data:
- Multiple sensor data collection
- Post operational analysis capability
- Command annotation/insights
- Data archiving and security management.
An early version of Reflex was deployed aboard COLLINS class submarines for many years.
Mission Management System
Cortex is a lightweight platform for delivering heavyweight mission system capability across multiple operational domains. Cortex is an open architecture platform that provides a number of key benefits.
Key benefits of the platform include:
- Ability to provide greater mission capability at a compute power of 25% of comparable systems. This provides comparable advantages in terms of weight and volume requirements on a platform
- High robustness – Low level distributed processing and data persistence which delivers higher availability which means that single point failure will not cause outages.
- Higher Flexibility – The same core can be easily adapted to multiple mission profiles within domain and across multiple domains.
- Designed to be adapted into a variety of domains which has included the subsurface and aircraft domain
- The human machine interface has been designed for fast aircraft to reflect a rapidly changing mission workflow. This provides for a very smooth interaction for lower speed engagements.
- The architecture is designed to operate as a single work space with multiple users or multiple instances of the user interface, which enables rapid and flexible expansion of the number of people that can use the platform.
- Easy integration into multiple sensor suites as evidenced by integration into active sonar, passive sonar, radar, ESM and optronics
Lightweight Platform for delivering
Heavy weight Mission System
Integration, Support & Customised Development
Professional services comprise both integration services for the Acacia products, in-life support for these products as well as customised development.
Acacia has a long track record of delivering bespoke consulting and programming services.
A selection of these projects are summarised: